Monday, July 20, 2009

Slumber Parties

I think this is the first time I have posted without a picture!  It's been awhile b/c I've been trying to get caught up on my school work.  And we are still living upstairs b/c the basement isn't put back together yet.  The carpet will be delivered this week though!  In the meantime, Ruthie and I have been sleeping together in the bed in the guest bedroom.  Reagan has been sleeping in a pack n play in the corner.  Brendan wanted to stay downstairs in our bed.  Ruthie just LOVES sleeping in the same bed with me.  

The past couple of nights she has whispered, "Mommy, lets hold hands!"

Oh you sweet girl!  She loves her mommy so much she wants to hold hands while we fall asleep together.  Frequently she'll curl my hand up right underneath her chin and close her eyes with a sweet smile on her face.

Or, she'll start giggling saying, "Mommy, this is like a slumber party!  We are having a sleep over!"

To which I reply, "Yes, Ruthie.  Kind of, only slumber parties are usually with your friends."

To which Ruthie replies, "Mommy, you're my best friend."

Makes my heart just melt.  I love these tender moments with Ruthie.  Many times during the night I'll feel her fingers feeling for my location.  She's doing what I call a "mommy check".  She wants to make sure I'm still in bed with her. :)

I love being able to build this memory with Ruthie.  I'm going to have Brendan take a picture of the two of us snuggling in bed.  Probably more for my sake than for Ruthie.  I don't know if she'll ever remember this time, but I know I'll never forget our month of nightly slumber parties!

1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet!! I love this post :) Not gonna lie, kinda teared up!

    ReplyDelete