Friday, March 25, 2011

Burning Up

Poor little miss Reagan woke up with a fever today. I normally would not take my kids somewhere with a fever, but a man named Robby Dawkins was in town.  He was speaking at the Oasis conference at the Vineyard Church of Columbus. Nine months ago we got prayer from his son, and when I read my journal from last year, I was so encouraged by what the Lord has been doing recently.  I feel like those prophetic words spoken over my family are coming true.


But back to Reagan being sick.  The poor girl got prayer today and then we took her to the doctor.  She has drainage coming from her right ear.  This is the first ear infection she's had since getting tubes a year ago.  Ruthie was balling her eyes out at the doctor's office b/c I said Reagan was "burning up" from a fever all day and Ruthie thought that meant she was going to burn up from being on fire from the sickness.  She said all she wants to do is play with Reagan.  She was so upset she was sick.  I was so touched by her heartfelt tenderness.  She prayed against Reagan's ear infection.  


Reagan slept the ENTIRE time we were at church listening to Robby.  She woke up when we got prayer from him, but fell asleep in the stroller afterwards.  The doctor decided to put her on antibiotics b/c the ear drops we had for her from our last visit a week ago clearly didn't work.


I'm thinking yesterday should have been my clue that Reagan was getting sick.  She never sleeps longer than 30 minutes in the car, but yesterday she slept almost 2 hours with the blanket covering her head.


B took this pic of Ruthie taking a nap at daycare on Tuesday.  Apparently my kids like to cover their faces when they sleep.  Who knew?!  When I check on them at night the covers are at the bottom of their bed.


I thought I'd include some pics of George from tonight.  He hasn't been himself lately either.


He has some sort of eye infection.  It's ooozing at times.  He often gives me the one-eyed pirate look b/c he can't open his left eye.


He's okay with just passing out in the middle of the floor.  God love him!!  He's a feisty, ornery cat when he's not sick.


That means he fits perfectly in this family!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment