Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Blog Anniversary

Well folks, it's been a year. Actually a little over a year to be exact. I started this blog 3/1/09 with the simple goal of documenting Reagan's first year of life and all the changes that go along with expanding one's family.  This blog has turned into something so much more to me.


Now I'll have something to go back to in the years to come that will not only bring a smile to my face, but probably tears to my eyes.  This blog has helped me focus on the fun, 
silly, small things of day to day life that seem to get lost in the shuffle.


Like this evening.  Reagan was off playing quietly on her own in a plastic shoe-size bin, snapping her Diego camera.  Perhaps she was pretending she was in a jeep, on an African safari taking pictures of all the wild animals?!  Or maybe she was just doing what a 14 month old does...play!!  Either way, I now have a picture of it.

Because of this blog, I do things that I wouldn't normally do.  Like let my husband take pictures of me when I really don't want proof of what I look like that day.  Case in point, Brendan had his girl's gather for a picture.  At first I said, "NO WAY!"  I haven't showered yet today, I have no make up on, and I just feel unattractive all around.  Lets be honest here, I look like this 90% of the time when I'm with the girls so I should have a picture to document my "mommy look" right?!  That is what this blog has done to me.  I allow pictures to be taken of me when I'm not at my best and that's okay! 


I also now have tons of pictures of Ruthie doing everyday things and not just "event" pictures like school programs or holiday celebrations.  I know if I didn't have this blog, that is the only time my camera would come out.


Something as simple as a back scratching from daddy, 


turns into a ticklefest where you can see Ruthie squealing with delight.  I love having action shots of the girls playing with their daddy.


Reagan even wanted in on the action of the back scratcher!


If I didn't have this blog, I wouldn't have snapped this picture tonight of Reagan spinning for the first time as we rocked out to the new Lifehouse cd.  This is a "first" that I was able to capture on camera at the moment it happened!

I'm not sure how long I'm going to do this blog.  I just know that I'm so happy I decided to do it.  I will soon forget what life was like when the girls were little and had their cute little buns, with their cute little toes, and their cute little nose...you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment