Monday, January 4, 2010

Reagan's 1st Birthday

Ahhhh yes, my baby girl is now the big 1 years old. With Ruthie's first birthday I was very emotional. With Reagan's first birthday, I had mixed emotions.

There's a part of me that is sad to see the baby stage go, but at the same time I'm excited to move onto Reagan walking, eating food, talking and interacting more. I enjoy being able to see Reagan learn new things and respond to our love and affection. Not that that doesn't happen the first year of life. I just think a one year old's reactions are more animated and excited. Like they just won the lottery when they begin to take their first steps and they are squealing and smiling from ear to ear. Or maybe it's that my reactions and responses get bigger and more animated in hopes of seeing Reagan get more excited?!

Whatever it is, I love being a mom and watching my children grow up!

This is the banner that goes up anytime someone has a birthday. I forget where I found it, but I love that it gets used over and over and over again year after year.

We had to split Reagan's birthday up into several parts as well since the girls had been sick. We did Reagan's birthday cake downstairs with Uncle Nels and Aunt Shelly.

I love this picture! Do you see Reagan glaring and me like, "What are you doing?"
You can see that Reagan had been crying. Not b/c she was scared of the cake. She was way past nap time.
After staring at the cake for a bit, she began to sample the icing. One finger lick at a time!

I realized the whole cake was a bit overwhelming for her so I cut her a piece and we sang Happy Birthday to her again. This time she clapped at the end.
Now she's all smiles & loving the cake!
She wanted to share with Mommy. Awwww, how sweet. :)
After a bath and a nap, it was time for opening birthday presents. I love this pic b/c you can see Reagan's birthday dress really well, and she is just staring up at her Uncle Trip who is very tall. Something she is not used to living in a house of short (or you might say average!! haha) people!
Reagan knew exactly what to do with her rock band musical toy, sing (or drool) into the microphone!
She soon got the hang of opening presents.
Her first CD player!
These next set of pics are from my parent's house. Reagan wanted to sit at the big girl table with her sister and cousin Haley. She climbed right up into the chair and started banging the fork on the plate.
A cute picture of the cousins with the birthday hats. We all wore them that night but of course I forgot to take pictures of that.
This time she wasn't interested in opening the presents, she wanted to climb on them.
Mmmmm, ice cream cake. Reagan's first one!
Notice the one finger in the icing. She sampled the icing with one finger like she did with her other birthday cake. Numerous times of course!
Time to get down to the diaper and really dig into the ice cream. At first she did not like how cold the ice cream was but she quickly got used to it. When she got down to the bottom she lifted the bowl up to her mouth to drink the liquid! Who taught her to do that?!
Overall, I would say Reagan's birthday was a success and I look forward to many, many more with this sweet precious girl! Love you Reagan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment